My Youthful Movement Series is about moving with grace, bending with ease, and creating vibrant energy.
A youthful movement practice strives to make a strong, agile, flexible, balanced, and energetic body to support an ageless lifestyle.
The exercises used are meant to carry over into real life; helping one to be more healthy, efficient, and less stressed.
This particular series focuses on legs, core, chest, and handstands!
Remember, if you are feeling bad, don’t do the exercises.
If these style of movements are new to you, take it easy, listen to your body, and practice caution.
Ask your doctor if these types of exercises are good for you.
All the exercises can be done for time or reps. Choose the method that’s best for you.
I advice to do the routine 1x a day or at the least 3x a week.
Make sure to check out the whole series because each exercise builds on the moves learned in the previous video!
- Warm up 10 each – wrists, shake, shoulders, neck/head, reach, side bends, knee ups, cross toe touch
- Squat pose – 1 minute
- Panther into single leg balance – 1 minute
- Spider cross-crawl push-up – 1 minute
- Kneeling lunge with double arm back bend – 30 secs
- Elephant arabesque & plank – 1 minute
- Plank – 30 secs
- Plank to wild thing – 1 minute
- Capoiera lunges with alternating crouching lunges – 1 minute
- Crouch and single leg arabesque – 30 secs each side
- Lunge into single leg knee strike – 30 secs each side
- Floor hollow body – 30 seconds
- Wrist work – 30 seconds
- L shape – 30
- Flush wall handstand – 30
- Kick ups into handstand hold – 4-5x