My Youthful Movement Series is about moving with grace, bending with ease, and creating vibrant energy.
A youthful movement practice strives to make a strong, agile, flexible, balanced, and energetic body to support an ageless lifestyle.
The exercises used are meant to carry over into real life; helping one to be more healthy, efficient, and less stressed.
Remember, if you are feeling bad, don’t do the exercises.
If these style of movements are new to you, take it easy, listen to your body, and practice caution.
Ask your doctor if these types of exercises are good for you.
All the exercises can be done for time or reps. Choose the method that’s best for you.
I advice to do the routine 1x a day or at the least 3x a week.
The next video in the series will build on the moves learned each week. Each video will be posted on Sat for the month of February.
- Warm up 10 each – wrists, shake, shoulders, side bends, cross toe touch, knee ups, hip circles
- Squat pose – 1 minute
- Panther pose right and left hands up – 1 minute
- Spider crawl push-up – 1 minute
- Single leg kneeling with single arm camel back bend – 1 minute
- Elephant & plank – 1 minute
- Plank – 30 secs
- Side plank to side plank – 1 minute
- Alternating back lunges – 1 minute
- Single leg mini-squat and stork balance pose – 30 secs each side (1 minute)
- Hamstring stretch – 30 secs
- Floor hollow body – 30 seconds
- Wrist stretches
- L shape – 30secs
- 135 shape – 30sec
- Alternating kick ups 3 each leg
- Wall hand stand with bent knees hold for time