Skills & Accomplishments
- I have over 17 years of management experience with 8 years of that in the fitness industry.
- As Pilates Coordinator for Crunch fitness, I took a department with minimal staff and revenue to become the highest producing Pilates Department for Northern California; hiring, educating, and nurturing a professional team to produce over 1000% of past revenue.
Training & Teaching
- I have influenced hundreds of clients to become healthier; achieving goals and educating them to live a holistic lifestyle.
- I created and developed new group exercise programs from children to adults at Bally Total Fitness with a weekly traffic of over 2000+ participants.
- I educated and mentored over 500+ youth students through physical fitness, nutrition guidance, and self-empowerment through movement and visual arts having produced over 50 shows and participated in numerous parades.
Leadership & Entrepreneurship
- I write a weekly blog (InspireYouthful.com) where I spread the art of ageless living. I use this platform to offer life-coaching, energy therapy, and online courses that support natural beauty and health.
- In January, April, December of 2012 I created and produced three health & lifestyle mobile applications for the iTunes market with 65,000+ downloads.
- I’ve published several books. A personal development book called, “How to be Happy 99% of the Time” (2011), a cook book, “Paleo Traveler: Old World Recipes Flipped NeoPaleo” (2012), and in 2015 published 2 children’s books.
- Provided EFT & Matrix Reimprinting services to the EFT clinic.
- Volunteered at the San Francisco Clothing Bank.
InspireHappy Website (Jan 2011 – 2014) – Inspire Youthful Website (Aug 2013 – present)
- Life-coach, writer, app developer, EFT & Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner
Pilates Coordinator, Elite trainer, Group Exercise Instructor
Crunch | Aug 2008 – present
- As Pilates Coordinator from 2008-2013, I managed the Pilates department, hired and educated new Pilates teachers, consistently met revenue goals, and created new programs for the department.
- As an Elite Personal Trainer from 2009-2014, I serviced clients in various training modalities to achieve their fitness goals. I kept a loyal client base, 90% of my clients stay with me from 3-5 years.
- As a current group exercise instructor I teach and sub the following formats: body conditioning, bootcamp, sculpting, TRX, Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing, and various specialty classes including dance classes.
Group Exercise Director, Personal Trainer, Group Exercise Instructor
Bally Total Fitness | 2005 – 2008
- As Group Exercise Director between May 2006 – February 2008 I ran the Pilates Reformer Program, Group Exercise, and Small Group Training / Fitness Plus Programming; meeting monthly revenue goals. Scheduling staff 20+, staff hiring / evaluations / disciplinary action, payroll, creating Group Ex Schedule, in club promotions and marketing.
- Personal Trainer & Group Exercise Instructor from 2005 – 2008
Artist in Residence: Dance Instructor
Spring Valley Elementary School, San Francisco Unified School District | 2006 – 2008
- Renewed contract for 2008 as Artist in Residence teaching various Latin style dances to 2nd grade.
- 2006: Teaching Hip-hop and Latin style dances to K-2 students. Choreographing dances for performances in end of the year showcase. Class size 20 to 25 children co-ed.
Monroe Elementary School, San Francisco unified school district | 2005 – 2006
- Teaching cultural and rhythmic dance to K-5 students.
- Choreographing dances for performances in showcases, parades, and festivals. Organizing, creating, and ordering of costumes. Class size 20 to 30 children co-ed.2006: Teaching Hip-hop and Latin style dances to K-2 students. Choreographing dances for performances in end of the year showcase.
- Class size 20 to 25 children co-ed
Dance Teacher, Arts & Crafts Teacher, & Mentor
Stanford Center for Research in Disease Prevention, Stanford University, CA| 2003 – 2005
- Research Program to prevent Type II Diabetes and obesity in small girls ages 7-11 through dance and mentoring.
- Included in program; monitoring nutrition, creating, implementing arts & craft projects, tutoring homework and school studies, and choreographing and organizing Dance Showcases every 8 weeks.
Class size 15-20 girls, three elementary school sites, a four hour program M-F. Sites: Skyline Elementary, Daly City, CA, Monte Verde Elementary, South San Francisco, CA, and Sunshine Gardens Elementary, So. San Francisco, CA
- Bachelors of Science Sport Management Magna Cum Laude
California University of Pennsylvania, California, PA
- Associate of Arts Merchandise Marketing
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, San Francisco, CA.
Fitness & Nutrition Certifications
- Certified Personal Trainer – National Academy of Sport Medicine – Good standing since 2005
- Corrective Exercise Specialist – National Academy of Sport Medicine
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist – National Academy of Sport Medicine
- dotFit Nutrition Certified (Dotfit.com, NASM approved)
- Sharecare Coach Certified (Sharecare.com, NASM approved)
- TRX Certified (FitnessAnywhere.com, NASM approved)
- Mat Pilates Evolved (ACE, AFAA approved)
- Pilates Allegro Level 1-3 (ACE, AFAA approved)
- Reaction Cycle (ACE, AFAA approved)
- Zumba Certified (ACE, AFAA approved)
- UrbanKicks Ass (UrbanKick, ACE, AFAA approved)
- Pound Certified
- CPR & AED Certified
- Bloodborne Pathogens Certified (American Safety & Health Institute)
Energy Therapy Certifications and Metaphysical Education
- Certified Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner (MatrixReimprinting.com)
- EFT Practitioner (Tapping Matrix Academy, approved by California therapists and social workers)
- Certified Crystal Healer (Hibiscus Moon, approved by National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Body Work)
- Energy Medicine: Hands-on Intuitive Healing with Earth Energy (lightenyourway.com, approved by California Board of Registered Nursing)
- Certified Angel Card Reader (Doreen Virtue, angeltherapy.com)
- Ordained Minister (Universal Life Church)
Pilates Education continued
- Pilates Mat 1 (Balanced Body University)
- Pilates EXO Chair Module 1 (Balanced Body University)
- Pilates Reformer II (Balanced Body University)
- Pilates Arc / Barrel (Balanced Body University)
- Standing Pilates w/ TYE4 Vest (TheMethodPilates, Crunch)
- Prenatal Pilates (Stott Pilates, Crunch)
- FitFormer Training (Pilates Pro Works)
- Practical Yoga for Personal Trainers (DSWFitness, NASM approved)
- Optimum Performance Training for the Prenatal Client (NASM)
- Understanding Fitness During Pregnancy (Rachel Yellin, one-moon.com)
- 8 hour Level 1 Kettlebell Workshop (Orange Kettlebell Club)
- Functional Movement Essentials (ODonMovement.com, NASM approved)
- Overview of Functional Movement (ODonMovement.com, NASM approved)
- SilversSneakers Muscle Strength & Range of Movement (ACE, AFAA approved)
- SilverSneakers Cardio Circuit (ACE, AFAA approved)
- Kinesis Training (Gold’s Gym, TechnoGym)
- bioDensity Technician Training (bioDensity.com, NASM approved)
- AntiGravity Yoga “Wings” (antigravityyoga.com, Crunch)
- LaBlast (Louis Van Amstel, Crunch)
SCW Fitness Education 2011: Over 21 hours of CEC’s – Highlights:
- Evolution in Biomechanics with Dalcourt
- What Every Trainer Should Know About Fascia with Dalcourt
- Functional Anatomy to Improve Function with Mazurek ( CHEK Institute)
- The Rest Metabolic Rate Debate with Karp
- Seven Steps to Willpower and Willpower & Grace
- Hip-hop (various styles), Latin (various styles),
- Brazilian Samba, Afro-Haitian, Belly-Dance,
- American Rhythm Ballroom – NDCA past competitor