Welcome to my 14 Day Ageless Lifestyle Makeover Challenge series!
The purpose of the challenge was to inspire you to make easy changes that would create more health, vibrancy, confidence, and timelessness in your life. It covered food, skin care, fashion style, fitness, and so much more! Each day touched on a topic that helped you be your best at any age.
Here are the 14 days worth of lessons:
- Day 1: How to Make Timeless Decisions
- Day 2: How to have Ageless Glowing Skin
- Day 3: What to Eat for an Ageless Body
- Day 4: Top 10 Foods for Health and Longevity
- Day 5: Reclaim Your Beauty Sleep for Mind, Body, and Soul
- Day 6: The #1 Exercise to Do for Women Over 30
- Day 7: Build Emotional Strength to Weather Any Storm
- Day 8: Drink These for Health, Beauty, and Long Life
- Day 9: Literally Spice Up Your Life for Health and Vitality
- Day 10: Spring Clean to Usher in Your Ageless & Abundant Lifestyle
- Day 11: How to Create a Unique and Timeless Fashion Style
- Day 12: Age Well by Supporting Your Good Posture Today
- Day 13: Prevent Chronic Back Pain for an Ageless Body
The winner of the drawing has been chosen and notified. Thank you to everyone who participated. If you’re just discovering this challenge now—do it on you own and reap the benefits of a more ageless lifestyle!
Your posture is something you want on point now and in the future.
As we age a few inconvenient things start to happen. We start to lose muscle, bone density decreases, and our joints wear down. The effects of this decline is most apparent in our posture.
If I were to show you a picture of a woman hunched over as she walked, you would assume that she was older than she was because in our minds old people are the ones who are slumped over. If I asked you to visualize a slouchy, slow-moving, and unenergetic woman, you wouldn’t picture a vibrant and happy person — you would see a feeble and dejected person.
There is nothing wrong with aging or being sad. The first can be a beautiful process and a privilege that is not bestowed on everyone. The latter is part of life and our growth process. If you are lucky to be blessed with old age, then let it be where you are independent, can walk and move with ease, and enjoy the adventures that are still ahead of you.
To ensure that you age well and maintain your good posture, keep up your muscle mass, preserve your bone density, and take care of your joints.
Your DAY 12 challenge:
If you have good posture to begin with, then keep it up by adopting the habits listed below. If your posture isn’t the greatest then work with a trainer, chiropractor, physical therapist, and / or take my Better Posture in 30 Days program to help you improve your posture and then adopt the habits below. Either way—today—do something to take care of your posture so that you will always look and feel energetic and capable.
- Be aware of your posture and fix it — stand taller — when you remember.
- Improve your core strength to support your posture.
- Stretch your chest and neck muscles periodically to keep a balanced posture.
- Text and read in good posture.
- Sit in good posture when working at a desk or eating at the table.
- Get 10 minutes of sun exposure a day without sunscreen for Vitamin D for bones and total good health. (Sunshine helps to balance circadian rhythms, hormones, and mood.)
- Eat foods that help with cell and tissue repair and joint health.
- Stay away from foods that cause inflammation and chronic pain.
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods to prevent chronic pain and disease.
- Find ways to manage stress to keep your body tension free to prevent chronic pain and disease.
Put in your mind that your posture is not some static unchanging thing. It’s constantly changing.
Poor standing and sitting habits, chronic physical pain (back, neck, shoulder, and so on…), uneven loads (like a heavy purse), and gravity are always affecting your posture — in a bad way. That’s why you need to keep doing things — stretching, realigning, and strengthening your muscles, getting enough vitamins, nutrients, and exercise (just enough) to support bone density and healthy joints so that you maintain your good posture and stay active and vibrant for the rest of your life.
You can prevent posture decline, muscle loss, bone loss, and joint deterioration by choosing to be proactive today.
Truth bomb: Bad posture will take away from the quality of your life.
From impeding your mobility to dampening your confidence — the effects of poor posture are real. If there is something you can do today to save yourself from that—make a timeless decision—and be preemptive. Let your future self say, “Thanks for taking care of our body — I’m still using it like a boss!”
Tweet it like you mean it!As I get older, moving with ease and standing tall are increasingly important to me. Click To Tweet
If you want help creating your healthy & ageless lifestyle, then check out my life-coaching services.