Today I will be sharing my personal ageless beauty skin care regiment.
I will tell you my morning, afternoon, and evening routine to achieve an ageless appearance.
Quickly, I’m 40+ and I’ve been in the health & fitness industry for over 12 years. In that time I have helped hundreds of people get healthy. Through my experience I’ve also discovered ways that have kept me and my clients looking and feeling youthful. Hopefully, you guys can use this information too.
In the Morning
- I exfoliate my face with brown sugar and olive oil.
1. Exfoliating aids your skin cycle.
It takes between 14-30 days for new skin cells to reach the surface layer, by exfoliating you may help the cycle be more efficient.
Everyone’s skin renewal cycle is slightly different. Your cycle can be influenced by your age, overall health condition, lifestyle, and exposure to sunlight.
2. It removes dead skin.
People don’t realize that many times it’s not just dirt and pollutants that clog your pores. It’s also your own dead skin cells. Clogged pores can lead to skin irritation, blemishes, and acne.
3. It aids in keeping surface skin soft and supple.
Exfoliation will help diminish dry patches and wrinkles by removing dead skin and revealing newer skin.
Next, with my face slightly damp I put more olive-oil to lock-in moisture and create the dewy look that youthful skin is known for.
Why olive oil?
1. It’s natural.
I don’t need to worry about parabens, sulfates, or any other unnecessary ingredients that can cause dryness and irritation to my face.
2. It’s antioxidant rich.
One thought to cause aging is the free radicals theory. Free radicals are particles that can damage our cells. We naturally create free radicals within our body and more so if you’re active. Antioxidants help fight free radicals.
3. It’s inexpensive.
The only caveat is that when you are choosing an olive oil to use, make sure you buy olive oil that is “olive-oil” and approved by the International Olive-oil Council – a commission that regulates extra virgin olive-oil standards.
A study done by the University of Davis revealed that many national brands failed to meet international standards for extra virgin olive oil. Basically if it’s not olive oil you’re putting on your face, body, or for that matter cooking with, then you’re not getting the benefits of olive oil.
In the Afternoon
- If I workout, I will generally wash my face and reapply my makeup. Using olive-oil as my moisturizer.
- If I don’t wash my face, I will freshen-up the skin around my eyes with an under-eye treatment.
The skin around your eyes is thinner and more susceptible to dryness and wrinkles so it is to your benefit to pay close attention to this area. Use a natural eye cream that won’t smudge your makeup.
Gently pat the cream underneath the eyes and quickly see the skin rejuvenated.
In the evening
- I remove my make-up with olive-oil. Then wash my face with a natural gentle cleanser.
- Next I will either apply just olive-oil to my skin or I may add vitamin C powder to the olive-oil. Vitamin C is another anti-aging nutrient good for the body both inside and out.
- Periodically, to look youthful I also do facial massaging, stay tuned for this video!
Tweet it like you mean it!It's natural and healthy to want to look and feel good. Click To Tweet
If you would like help in creating your good health & natural beauty lifestyle, then check out my life-coaching services.